Distinguish Your Education and Training Content
AORN’s Seal of Recognition program helps perioperative nurses and their colleagues select the highest quality training, education, and in-service programs that are deemed consistent with the AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice.
When perioperative professionals see the seal, they can be confident that AORN has reviewed the content for quality and alignment with the guidelines.
See what it takes to earn the seal.
AORN's Seal of Recognition Program
Healthcare industry professionals can strategically leverage the Seal of Recognition process to aid in the development or improvement of education and training, receiving:
- Direct feedback from AORN’s clinical and educational nurse experts to improve your education and training materials
- AORN Seal of Recognition logo placement on approved materials to confirm their quality for perioperative users
- Highlighted exposure at the AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo
- Seal of Recognition announcement in AORN’s email newsletter and listing on a dedicated Seal of Recognition web page on the AORN website
Perioperative professionals can easily and confidently plan your next training, education or in-service program knowing the content has been reviewed and approved by AORN.
“Diversey’s mission is Caring. Protecting. Always, and we are passionate about doing all we can to have the best outcomes. We have been honored to work with AORN, to develop a program that is based upon evidence-based, best procedures and practices for environmental hygiene.”
Larinda Becker, Exec. Director of Infection Prevention
Seal of Recognition Recipient Gallery
Education Materials Eligible for the Seal of Recognition
Training, education, and in-service activity content related to advancing perioperative practice and conforming to AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice are eligible, including:
- White papers
- Posters for on-site safety notices and training
- Brochures, training manuals for patients or healthcare professionals
- In-service programs (PPT or manuals); in-service webinars only with special permission
- Operations manuals/instructions for use